Just as women go through menopause, which causes a decrease in hormones, SO DO MEN.
Male Menopause, also called ANDROPAUSE, is not nearly as dramatic as the female version. Some men, though, may actually go through a rather sudden change in testosterone levels that might correlate with the hormonal changes that women experience during menopause. However, most men experience a slower, more subtle hormone decline.
When hormones are replaced or restored to physiologic levels considered normal for younger males, older men may experience a dramatic reversal of many of the changes caused by aging. Natural Bio-Identical Hormone Replacement Therapy in men involves the use of the hormone Testosterone. Please note that Natural Testosterone should not be confused with synthetic derivatives. Testosterone deficiency in males has been an unrecognized syndrome for many years, possibly because the blood levels of testosterone in men decrease over time.
Andropause Replacement Therapy may also include the addition of Pregnenolone, DHEA (Dehydroepiandrosterone), Aromatase Inhibitors, Chrysin, Dihydrotestosterone, Zinc, Selenium, and other supplements. There are many symptoms of testosterone deficiency that are sometimes referred to as the “grumpy man syndrome”.
Testosterone deficiency may consist of a variety of signs and symptoms including:
- Reduced libido or the reduced desire for sex
- Fatigue or a decrease in physical stamina
- Difficulty in maintaining erections
- A decrease in mental sharpness, or memory impairment
- Weight gain
- Feelings of depression and anxiety
- Heart disease
- Reduced muscle mass
- Disturbed Sleep
- Low sperm count
- Slow wound healing
WELLHealth Rx will work together with you and your physician to decide which dosage form may be best suited to your needs.
Some Compounded Dosage Forms include:
- Transdermal- Testosterone is absorbed into the skin from creams and gels that can be applied to the body, no shaving is needed, and the cream/gel absorbs rapidly through the skin.
- Sublingual (under the tongue) or Buccal- This is a good choice for rapid absorption. This includes sublingual drops, sublingual or buccal troches (gelatin or wax lozenges), which are absorbed through the oral mucosa.
- Oral Capsules- the alternative dosage when either topical or sublingual cannot be used.
There are many benefits of Male Hormone Replacement Therapy. These benefits include:
- Improvement in psychological well-being and mood
- Improvement in erectile dysfunction
- Improvement in libido
- Increased muscle mass
- Increased strength and stature
- Preservation of bone mass
- Possible decrease in cardiovascular risk
- The ability to re-establish a hormonal balance
In-home saliva testing kits for male hormone levels are available. Contact WELLHealth Rx for further information.